- Chappell & Co. opens for business on London's Bond Street as a shop for sheet music and musical instruments.
- Ludwig VanBeethoven sends a letter to a friend praising Chappell & Co. as "one of the best publishers" in the business.
- Warner Bros. Studios purchases exclusive rights to the Vitaphone, allowing them to synchronize music and effects to silent film.
- Louis Dreyfus acquires Chappell & Co. beginning a period of rapid expansion for the company.
- Jack Warner founds Music Publishers Holding Company to acquire music copyrights for use in films.
- Ahmet Ertegun and Herb Abramson found Atlantic Records.
Page 1 of 9 | Next
View Full Details